Radiation Detection at Scrap Metal Facilities
The Cricket™ Grapple and magnet systems are unique in the industry, with over 400 systems successfully operating around the world. Their extremely rugged and robust design has been developed and proven over 8 years. The systems can be fitted to any grapple, are easy to install and maintain, and are very operator friendly.
Cricket™ is ideal for bulk scrap handling at facilities including:
Port, waterside loading / unloading applications
- detects radioactive material before it is unloaded
- particularly useful if no other radiation detection systems are being used
- acts as a backup for vehicle systems
Rail car loading / unloading
- look closer and catch the deeply buried source the vehicle monitoring systems missed
Shredder infeed loading
- prevent equipment and personnel contamination
Charge bucket loading
- last chance to detect radioactive material before it is melted
Download the Cricket Grapple brochure here.
Download the Cricket Magnet brochure here.