PGNAA Technology for On-Line Chemical Analysis of Mineral Ores
The AllScan CrossBelt PGNAA Analyser for Minerals continuously measures the concentration of individual chemical elements of interest in mineral ores, ore mixes, sinters and concentrates.
AllScan is used in a wide range of minerals applications including:
- Monitoring of ROM streams including screening
- Stockyard QC Management, including sorting and blending
- Optimising at key quality locations in minerals processing plants
- Quality control in metals production, for example blast furnace sinter process
- Product grading at bulk terminals and ship load outs
Typical elements measured include:
- Silver (Ag)
- Aluminium (Ag)
- Cadmium (Cd)
- Copper (Cu)
- Iron (Fe)
- Potassium (K)
- Magnesium (Mn)
- Sodium (Na)
- Nickel (Ni)
- Phosperous (P)
- Sulphur (S)
- Silicon (Si)
- Titanium (Ti)
- Vanadium (V)
- Zinc (Z)
Customer defined ratio’s can also be reported, for example, Al:Si, Ca:Mg and Ni:Fe
AllScan – the New High-Performance Cross-Belt Elemental Analyser
The AllScan is a high-performance analyser developed with strong functionality, calibration simplicity and low cost of ownership in mind.
The Analyser features cutting-edge technology with real customer benefits. Unique to the AllScan, these technological advantages deliver an analyser with superior analytical performance that is significantly more practical to set up and calibrate, and has low whole-of life costs.
- Revolutionary Dura-G™ Measurement technology – The Dura-G modelling and calculation concept is based on sophisticated algorithms that separate the effect of environment, belt load and profile variations on the measured spectra from the effect of elemental variation
- Unaffected by Chlorine & Steel cord belts – No limitations with PVC (Cl) or Fe in conveyor belt material. The Cl signal is removed prior to de-convoluting the spectra.
- No Air-conditioner!- Eliminates the need for air conditioning equipment for detectors and control equipment for the specified -20 to +50°C (14 – 122°F) operational temperature range
- Corrosion Free Materials – The AllScan is constructed from corrosion free materials including High Grade HDPE, high Grade Stainless Steel & IP67 Rated User-Interface.
- Hassle-free Installation of the Lightweight Construction – The typical weight of only 1400kg, the analyser is lighter than most other PGNAA Analysers, and bolts on to most conveyor structures without any alterations or foundations required.
- Clever Calibration Procedure – The Dura-G derived calibration concept is a significantly more robust calibration compared to traditional concepts, resulting in much less frequent (or none at all) recalibration. Reference calibration standards can be used for rapid analyser verification.
- State-of-the-art diagnostics and remote services include: On-board monitoring of detector and electronic status Web based connectivity to the AllScan support team for diagnostics and troubleshooting; Alternative 3G mobile data interface eliminating remote access IT security issue; Automatic generation of text messages (SMS) and emails with key status info and warning/alarm message
Online PGNAA Analyzer for Minerals– AllScan minerals product brochure
Application Notes – Examples of AllScan Installations
Publications – Technical and Scientific Articles
Have your application assessed – Application questionnaire
Please complete our Enquiry Form.